In My House CD
A collection of 17 songs written to entertain and delight while teaching useful English
We’ve paired an In My House song or activity using our supporting products with 12 typical daily events.
Pick and choose the ones that feel right for you. Songs are available in English only or Spanish only on CD or MP3.
1. Wake Up – In The Morning Get ‘em out of bed with our energetic song about the morning routine (washing hands, getting dressed, eating breakfast). In the Morning Sample
2. Breakfast – Wash Your Hands Wash up before eating ANY meal with our song about washing hands, face and teeth. Wash Your Hands
3. Morning Activity – Hello Friends (with or without our free online video). Learn the fun dance moves and sing along with our YouTube music video. The moves will help you remember what the song is saying. Movements linked to new vocabulary have been proven to improve retention, aid memory. 02 Hello Friends
4. Snack – Are You Hungry? Learn how to ask and answer the question “Are You Hungry?” with this funky tune. Are You Hungry
5. Active Play – March! Kids LOVE marching, jumping, running and walking with this song —but pay attention because it gets you to stop and start on cue—freeze dance style! March
6. Lunch – Open The Refridgerator. Sing while you’re making your lunch—this song narrates taking different foods out of the fridge to make a healthy meal together. Open the Refrigerator
7. Play – Where Are You? Hide and seek makes a great afternoon activity. Where Are You
10. Dinner – Set The Table. Sing our song and learn what you need next to completely set the table! Set the Table
11. Bath – Bubbles. Bubbly and upbeat, this song teaches simple language about bathtime! Bubbles
12. Bedtime – Good Night, Friends Singable Book. We’ve illustrated the bathtime song (Bubbles), and the lullaby (Good Night) from the In My House Album. An easy way to end each day with a loving English lesson. Good NIght
The original version of this album in Spanish (En Mi Casa) has drawn rave reviews from customers and has won 3 National awards (see below) since it’s release in early 2009: As a gift or for your own enjoyment, In My House is a great way to sing, laugh and learn.
More about the In My House CD:
- 17 songs (14 originals, 3 traditionals)
- Lots of repetition of relevant English language
- The songs are about stuff you do in your house
- The songs are catchy – you’ll find yourself singing (practicing!) a lot.
This is a CD that is marketed as a way to introduce children to the Spanish language. What our testers didn’t expect was to pop it into the car CD and fall in love with the music. From the catchy lyrics to the lively and upbeat tunes this is far more than a language lesson on a disc. Many parents told us that this quickly took over top position on the playlist zooming to the top of the family charts, with a bullet! “En La Manana” starts things off on the right foot and is just one of those tunes
Singalingo has assembled a CD packed with tunes that move at an age appropriate pace and that families will enjoy singing throughout the day. The CD is true to the company motto: "Make Life a Musical."
En Mi Casa (In My House) is … catchy and easy to learn, the songs are about everyday topics in places kids already find themselves, so practicing Spanish just happens. Kids ask for Sing-A-Lingo again and again, and parents can feel good about listening in or singing along!